2018 Mazda Mazda6 consumer reviews

$21,950–$23,000 MSRP range

side view of 2018 Mazda6 Mazda

98% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakup (out of v):

  • Comfort 4.9
  • Interior design 4.9
  • Performance 4.viii
  • Value for the money 4.8
  • Outside styling iv.9
  • Reliability 4.8

Love, love, love my half dozen

The looks, comfort, the driving experience, and how Mazda provides exceptional treat their customers. Gives me great condolement knowing they back their products. A bulk of our friends and families at present own mazdas and are merely equally thrilled. I am so satisfied, I've purchased a Mazda 3 for our main commuter and a CX5 will exist within the next yr to supersede our GMC. Zoom zoom!! ❤

Show total review

I dearest this car. Quiet, comfortable and very quick

I am so pleased with the unabridged process. This car is amazingly beautiful, comfy and plenty quick. The friendly service that I received from Stuart Mazda is a level 10. I would highly recommend this dealership.

Show total review

Splendid quality and value

Great car for quality and value and a joy to bulldoze and fun to testify off. The 2018 is an experience of driving pleasure and fun!

Prove total review

First auto I've loved in decades!

I haven't enjoyed a car this much since my Lincoln Mark 8 LSC! The Soul Blood-red on my Signature 6 even so takes my breath away when the sun hits information technology and information technology just glows. The styling makes other cars wait dull, and the interior is crawly with the Napa leather and Sen wood and ultra suede accents. The seats are cracking, one of the few cars I've always owned that I don't push all the way back (I'm 6'four" alpine) and are firmly supportive without being overbolstered. Performance is great - the depression end turbo boost is more than like a V8 torque curve than most turbo 4s. I am going to accept to budget for a few speeding tickets because it's just then tempting to put information technology in sport mode or row the gearshift like a transmission. And still I average 27 mpg in mixed driving! Favorite features - these are the all-time cooled seats I've ever sabbatum in, put my girl's Tesla to shame. In seconds you feel a arctic with the a/c on. The heated steering wheel is likewise very effective. I admittedly love the heads up display, especially the speed limit readout that apparently reads signs as it changes the moment yous pass the sign. The agile cruise is very good, ignored vehicles in other lanes quite well. Climate control is fine even in Texas summers which oftentimes elevation 110 F. The handling and ride are excellent - I find myself searching out twisty roads and exploring new detours on my mode dwelling house. Shortcomings are mainly the infotainment system. The Bose stereo is great, but the slowness of the system to change modes is annoying. My last couple of cars had Ford Synch which just worked faster and more simply. Just get existent, I don't buy a car for the navigation or Pandora, I got it to DRIVE! Too, with Apple CarPlay information technology's all in the phone anyhow. I will probably alter from the Falken tires to Michelin's next 10K miles. Lesser line I still love the car with 20K miles now and still smile every time I open the garage door. Reliability has been fine, only routine scheduled service thus far. I will exist adding an oil catch can at the next service, though, to reduce carbon buildup on the intake valves.

Show full review

Most underrated automobile on the market

Sporty and very luxurious with the signature trim. The car looks meliorate than most cars that are thousands of dollars more. Inside and out it is a beautiful vehicle, like no other.

Bear witness total review

This Grand Touring has Everything I Demand

Everything virtually this car is perfect for me; the exterior mode, the cabin'southward comfort, functioning with the turbo/sports manner, dominicus roof, Bose Speakers, heated seats and all the other bells and whistles. My simply complaints are that foreign cars don't have remote start (including this one), there was a tiny-tiny spot of rust where the pigment got chipped and the windshield doesn't have tint at the top like virtually vehicles. My complaints are piece of cake enough to set, I'll put in an after market remote starter if I want, fix the spec of rust with a touch on-up paint pen and have tint installed. Besides those minors things this automobile is amazing, information technology's fun to drive and extremely comfortable. Yous don't feel bumps im the road with this break! The paddle shifters are a nice plus and Mazda finally put a turbo in this motorcar! If you are in manual-shift manner with sport mode on I call back this car beats it'southward closest competition in 0-60 if that'due south a business organisation of yours. Also in my stance the look and feel of the car destroys the competition! The leather stitching on the dashboard and leather seats is very premium. I would highly recommend yous check out this vehicle, especially M Touring and on.

Show total review

Worst Car I've Endemic

The sales experience was fine when I purchased my 2018 Mazda 6 Signature new in December of 2018, even so the machine was in for service due to a warranty upshot on 12/two/2019 with the rear seat chrome trim breaking, and the chore was botched by the tech. The person broke the replacement pieces and wrinkled the leather. The automobile has 6,300 miles and garage kept. The build quality is inferior to the completion, and the run around we're receiving from Mazda and the dealership is a waste of our fourth dimension. Delight note, the machine has several issues stemming from super thin paint that constantly and excessively chips as well every bit front door rattles and creaking noises. Not to mention, all iv wheels were replaced due to black marks under the end. I will NEVER buy another Mazda or give this dealership any futurity business or recommendations. The lack of concern apprehending from both parties is laughable, at best. Lesson learned.....

Bear witness full review

Nothing else comes close in this category

Afterwards being a long time VW and Honda family, our first thought was to become dorsum to our old stand-by...thank you goodness we didn't! The Mazda styling looks great on the outside, and the overall fit and finish on the inside sealed the bargain! The operation, room, and creature comforts are on a totally different level than the competition. If you haven't taken the time to check a Mazda out, y'all should, you won't be disappointed!

Show full review

Good midsize car, only non a sports sedan

I take had the car for a couple of weeks and while the car is decent, but there are likewise many "gushy" (about of them announced imitation) reviews for it out there claiming that it performs well. The 2.5L turbo engine is not satisfying to bulldoze hard. It delivers as well much torque at the outset, spins the wheels, then simply every bit y'all advance towards redline, it falls on its face at 4000 rpm. If you bulldoze information technology ordinarily, it is fine, but do not await for a rewarding experience if you button it hard. Plus hearing that buzzy 4-cylinder audio under load is some other reason to take information technology easy on the gas pedal. The handling is but OK. It feels sharp and has good turn-in when yous are tooling around boondocks and initial impression is that it is more capable that it really is. Push it a little harder and it falls apart quickly due to what all is beingness asked of the front tires in this layout (ie plough, brake, steer). If a performance tire was used, information technology may handle meliorate. So, those things aside, if you are looking for a skilful-looking commuter vehicle and don't drive your cars difficult, then this is a good option. It is overnice to expect at inside and out and is pretty comfortable. The tech is OK but the infotainment system is antiquated and sluggish at startup. I was on the fence virtually purchasing this or the Accord. I ultimately ruled out the Accord because I get weary of seeing and then many of them on the road. If you are looking for a performance midsize auto and can become by its over-styled looks (especially that uni-forehead front chrome bar), then I suggest looking towards an Accord two.0T.

Show total review

Reliable car

The motorcar met all my standards relish having the car very affordable and bulldoze beautiful if was to trade information technology would trade information technology for a most recent year and with the same o more equipped

Show full review